Hey #lee1002 and #leeonline, because I know it’s not always convenient to log into Blackboard, here a list of some useful resources you might be looking for while working on your Fiction Essay assignment.
Writing Prompt and downloadable PDF Assignment Sheet: In a third-person essay, use one of the assigned short stories as a primary source and one scholarly secondary source from a Gale database to answer one of the following prompts:
- Analyze what a character could represent/symbolize in society, using both primary and secondary source support.
- Argue against the interpretation of your secondary source, using primary source support to back up your claims.
- Use a character analysis to argue the author’s social meaning or central theme of the piece.
SUMMER 2017 Deadline
- Rough Draft due to group page noon Tues. July 4 (sorry about that :/)
- Rough Draft comments posted by 11:59 PM Wed. July 5
- Final Draft due 11:59 PM Sat. July 8
Remember that you’ll need to log in if you’re not using a campus computer. When you reach the log in screen, you’ll enter 24611 + your student number + 01, and then enter your last name. The approved Gale links you should start with:
If you’re using a topic that is more social science than literature, try these two sites (sources must get special permission to be used):