THANK YOU ALL for a great online semester (and for some of you, a great academic year). Even if we never got to meet in person, I enjoyed seeing your writing and analysis skills progress over the last few months. I hope to see you around campus in the fall, or next year, depending on your graduation schedule, please look me up and introduce yourself!!
Otherwise, I wish you all a great summer and a future filled with accomplishment. Here’s what to expect as far as grades and “official” final grades:
- I’ll be grading research papers through tomorrow afternoon, posting those and final grades as I go. You will also see that I’ve added a Blackboard grade column called FINAL GRADE. Once I finish correcting your research paper, I will put in the FINAL GRADE that will reflect the grade I will give you in the course.
- All FINAL GRADES should be posted to Blackboard by the close of day tomorrow, May 13. Email me if you have any questions or concerns.
- Remember, IVCC only has A, B, C, D, and F as final grades, so you will receive an A in the course for any “RUNNING GRADE” of an A or percentage from 90-100; you will receive a B in the course for any “RUNNING GRADE” of a B or percentage from 80-89 and so on. I will officially give you a letter, not a percentage.
- If you have any questions or concerns about grades, please notify me on or before noon, Monday, May 15, so I have time to make any necessary changes before officially posting grades to WebAdvisor. If you contact me with grade concerns or mistakes after May 15th, I will still be able to change a grade “in the system” (assuming the concern is valid and not too late after the end of the semester) but it will take some time, which occasionally slows transfers to 4-year institutions or enrollment in summer/fall/future classes.
- I plan to officially post grades the early morning of Tuesday, May 16.
- Here’s how you can view your final grades for this and previous/future IVCC classes by logging into WebAdvisor.