This is it?! The final full week of the course. I’m actively correcting Poetry Essays so those grades should be submitted by the close of the day tomorrow, Monday, July 31. I should also have most all other grades submitted at that point as well to give you all the best idea of your running grade while your finish the last week.
I’ve included both this and next week’s assignment list so you can plan ahead best if you’re hoping to turn in your research essay by the extra credit deadline. Note about extra credit: I think it’s a worthy goal but two points isn’t going to save you from rushing to turn in an incomplete essay. Better to have all your citation in order than to turn it in before proofreading and get a letter grade lower (or more) as a result.
Week 8—July 31: Revision and Course Assessment
- Drafting Update #3 due 11:59 PM Mon.
- Research Essay Rough Draft uploaded to group page by 11:59 PM Tues.
- DB Response #11: Works Cited Page share due 11:59 PM Tues.
- Peer-Review comments posted to group page by 11:59 PM Thurs.
- Peer-review reflection due noon Friday
- Course Reflection and Assessment due 11:59 PM Sat.
- Research Essay 2 points Extra Credit Early Deadline noon Monday
- Research Essay Due 11:59 PM Tues., August 8
Also, grades are due the morning of Aug. 10 so you’ll know your “fate,” so to speak fairly quickly after the essays are due. However, please contact me now and/or ASAP if you’re wondering if I’ve made a mistake on a grade or something. It’s best to get any grade questions out of the way before I input grades to “WebAdvisor” so a grade change, which can be done, won’t slow any fall course prerequisite requirements or transfer eligibility, etc. As always, email with any questions or concerns.