This is for the 2017 Pilot Program. I have enrolled the following classes for competition: ENG 1002; ENG 1001-10; ENG 0900-01; ENG 0900-04. Here are the details as I understand them; provide din ENG 1002 “storytelling” terms:
The premise: a campus wide competition between 18-20 classes (some are still signing up).
The hero/heroine: you guys as a class!!
The antagonistic forces: the other classes; procrastination; motivation
- You will receive email direction and more detail once you complete STEP 1 directions below.
- Student scores should be updated in Blackboard by Friday morning each week. On Friday afternoon each week the class leaderboard will be posted on the library’s digital monitor by the cyber cafe.
- The deadline: student deadline for completion is November 21, 2017. The program is designed for students to complete the activities on their own time throughout the semester, so the earlier they start, the better they will do in class and in the game.
The aftermath (what you and we win):
- Class prize: Each class is competing for a class prize. With the winning instructor’s permission and designation of a class period near the end of the semester, the Student Life Space and its gaming equipment will be reserved for the entire class period and refreshments will be served. The type of refreshment may vary depending on the time of day the winning class meets. A tiebreak is yet to be determined, but likely some sort of final class challenge.
- Individual prize: based on highest points achieved. The tiebreak will be the first completer with the highest points. If the student owns a vehicle the prize includes a gas card and a service at the IVCC automotive department. If the student uses public transportation the prize includes a pass to the transportation system and a gift card to the cafeteria.
STEP 1 Directions:
log into your student email account
and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Join Score BIG” in the subject line. Include your K#, name, and which class/section in the email. Wh
en you are enrolled in the Blackboard for Score BIG you will get an email response giving them instructions. Just for accomplishing the sign-up step from your IVCC email account you will get your first 5 point. Visit this link
or the Learning Commons if you have trouble accessing your student email account.
These rubrics are also available in our course Blackboard shell as well as embedded into assignment links. *Note, there may be small differences between these saved files and their embedded electronic versions. I reserve the right to update rubrics as needed but, in doing so, will not alter the intention of the assignment outcomes or expectations.
If you have questions about rubrics, my grading expectations, or have concerns about a grading mistake, please email, message, or visit my office hours. Please bring grading concerns to my attention as soon as possible.
Writing Process Rubrics
Formal Third-Person Essay Writing
Writing Process Assignments, including assignments such as freewriting, thesis/paragraph development, outling, and drafting.
Peer Review Process, includes a complete rough draft, 3 completed peer review handouts, deadline, and peer review reflection.
Essay Writing Process Reflection
DB Response and Participation Rubric