Final Grades and Degree Progress

IVCC final semester grades, GPA and degree progress information is on WebAdvisor as well as information about any courses you’ve transfer here from other institutions. Many instructors use Blackboard throughout the semester to post, tally, and show student grade progress, but Blackboard is not available more than a few days after the semester ends.

When looking for current or past grades, here’s the process; and please note that it can take 24-48 hours for a grade to appear on WebAdvisor after an instructor has officially posted it.

Viewing final grades and GPA:

  • Go to and select WebAdvisor for Students.
  • Log in with your K-number and WebAdvisor password (it’s not your Blackboard password).
    • if you have never used WebAdvisor before, you’ll need to set up your account;
    • here’s the general FAQs page
    • go to the student help desk in the Learning Commons in D201 for one-on-one help.
  • Select the option “Grade Point Average by Term.”
    • sometimes it takes 24-28 hours after faculty post grades before they are available, so if you’re checking at the very end of the semester, you might have to check back a few times.
  • Enter the term for which you’d like to view grades.
  • This will provide the individual class grades, the semester GPA, the number of credits earned, and the number of grade points earned (used for GPA).
  • If a grade is not visible, it has not been entered or verified by the instructor. 

IVCC Counseling Services

Located in CTC-202, the mission of the IVCC Counseling and Advising Center is to EDUCATE, ADVOCATE, and EMPOWER. Students have access to academic advising, career planning, and transfer services. Schedule an appointment for semester schedules, program review, or course sequences. Whether you plan to transfer to a university, complete a career program, or dual-enroll as a high school student, working with counselors can keep you from taking unnecessary classes (*ah-hem* spending unnecessary money) or lose credits when transferring.

Enrolled students can also access the IVCC Personal Counseling Assistance Program (P-CAP) in times of emergency.

About P-CAP: “In the event you are experiencing a crisis or emergency situation when you are on campus, you will be given priority attention. Please come to the Counseling Center in CTC-202 or call 815-224-0361 or 815-224-0324When calling or visiting, be sure to indicate that you need to speak to a counselor about a personal and urgent issue so that you can be given first priority.”

Counselors are professionally trained in mental health, personal development and relationship issues and can provide immediate, short-term assistance. Referrals may be made to community agencies, medical services or public assistance for continued services. IVCC does not provide long-term counseling services.

Some of there other resources and services include Project Success, a Department of Education funded program devoted to empowering students and promoting success, student retention, and graduation. You may qualify if you’re a first-generation college student, a low-income student, or a student with a disability: qualifications and more information.


Installing Office 365

As a registered student at IVCC, you can install MS Office 365 ProPlus 2013 or 2016 on up to five compatible personal devices.  The download includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and more.  And, you can use OneDrive for syncing across your devices.

To download and install MS Office ProPlus: 

  1. Log into your Office 365 student email account.
  2. Click on ‘Office 365’ in the upper left corner.
  3. Then click on ‘Install Office 2016’ in the upper right corner and follow the prompts.
    • If you wish to install 2013 or learn about Phone & Tablet options, click on ‘Other installs’.
    • If you would like step-by-step instructions or MS Office Contact Support, please visit and follow the steps for ‘Office for business’

Find this an more tech related info at the IVCC Student Tech Support page.

Writing Center

Students seeking writing, planning, or revision advice about their academic writing sign up for 30-60 minutes sessions with IVCC English instructors and qualified student peer tutors. Located in the Learning Commons in D201, students will find services for any and all writing assignments for any an all IVCC classes. Plus, English Language Learner Conversation Partners are available for those learning English as an additional language.

Each semester the Writing Center sees hundreds of students and the schedule files up very quickly, so plan ahead and schedule and appointment a week or two in advance to guarantee yourself a time slot. Visit the Writing Center web page for a list of their complete services and academic schedule.

Follow the Writing Center on Facebook or Twitter for up-to-date reminders and resources.

What They Do 

This link provides detailed descriptions what what services are available, what to expect during an appointment, and what materials will make your sessions as productive as possible. According to their page, “The Writing Center is a free service available to all registered part-time and full-time IVCC students. For help at any stage of the writing process, sign up for an appointment with an English instructor or qualified peer.”

Who They Are

The Writing Center’s Who We Are page provides a list of current faculty and student peer tutors. Both English instructors and student peer tutors recommended by faculty members for their skill in all things academic composition will be available to assist students during 30-60 minute tutoring sessions.




Disability Services

The Disability Services office is located in room C-211, near the Cyber Cafe. If you’re entering the building from the main entrance, C-211 is on the left-hand side of the Cyber Cafe while the student lounge is on the right-hand side.

Visit the IVCC Disability Services page for a complete list of services, resources, and student or faculty expectations. As my course syllabus documents state, “If you are a student with a documented cognitive (learning disability), physical or psychiatric disability (anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, AD/HD, post-traumatic stress, and others) you may be eligible for academic support services such as extended test time, texts in audio format, note taking services, etc…  If you are interested in learning if you can receive these academic support services, please contact Tina Hardy,, or 815-224-0284, or stop by the Disability Services Office in C-211.”

More Info 

This link provides information about what students who have self-identified and received accommodations need to remember about their responsibilities and accommodations. As well as a useful 10 Steps For Success checklist.

If you are a new or currently enrolled student who had accommodations or an IEP at previous schools but have not met with IVCC’s Disability Services, here a list of steps and resources to help.